Tarentaal is situated in Edenvale, Gauteng, next to Rand Aid’s head office on Modderfontein Road, next to Edenvale Hospital. The Jukskei River is situated on its western boundary. A footbridge links Tarentaal Village to Elphin Lodge, which is situated on the opposite side of the riverbank.
Tarentaal offers one-bedroom and studio apartments, on a rental basis, to Elders aged 60 and over.
All apartments are north facing and the kitchens have ample cupboard space. The units are tiled, have telephone sockets and television aerials. The upstairs units have comfortable covered balconies, while the ground floor units have covered patios leading onto the garden.
All facilities are built with Elders in mind and have ramps, instead of stairs, and covered carports in close proximity to all apartments.
- 110 One-bedroom apartments from 57m² to 61m²: inclusive of patio.
- 190 Studio apartments: 40m²: excluding patio
- Inter-denominational chapel.
- Recreation centre, comprising of a large well-equipped hall with separate lounge area.
- Transport to shops and other amenities, which are in close proximity.
- Library and reading room.
- Visiting podiatrist, by appointment.